Thursday, November 04, 2004

House Cleaning

Last night, after getting home from work, my wife said, "no TV tonight." I had to agree with her that I just didn't want to see any of it. And so we sat in the den and looked for Christmas cookie recipes and listened to music from my iTunes library. There were a few times I was tempted to check my blog or to check the news but I resisted. The closest we got to any sort of news was to check the weather before we went to bed.

It was a good strategery.

This morning, while still disgusted by the results of Tuesday/Wednesday and still fearing for our future, the emotions are not so raw and they are slowly turning from an energy drain to a motivation for the long road ahead.

So this morning, in between getting back into the swing of things at work, I've decided to do a little house cleaning at The Fulcrum. You'll notice a few new things over in the "Politics" section on the right and there will likely be a few things that disappear and appear over the course of the next couple of days. Who knows, I might just harness all that emotion and energy to do a complete redesign. Maybe.

I suppose that was the long way of saying that despite the outcome of the election, The Fulcrum will not go away. I doubt that I'll keep up the pace of posting that I have over the last couple of months - but you never know. With this administration thinking they have a referendum for every right-wing bit of wing-nuttery in their arsenal, I doubt it will take them long to do something to get me fired up again.

Thank you to everyone who stopped by since I began this effort. Your comments and your "hits" are what keep me going. There's a lot of work left to be done between now and November 4, 2008.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Big houses need more people to look after. You can hire working persons to properly take care of the house. You can hire working maids from sg transfer maid. They are providing good and promising services towards the customers. They are also providing specific maid services. Give a look helper agency singapore for more information about hiring one at an affordable price.

Teresa said...

Commercial plumbing comprises the installation and management of large-scale water and waste removal systems for various types of businesses, industries, and large structures. You can check plumbing contractors near me for your house plumbing solution.