Friday, March 26, 2004

Homo Arachnidae

Providing a short break from serious blogging is the news out today that Spider-Man 2 will debut on June 30.

I grew up reading about Spidey's adventures in Marvel comics and watching the Saturday morning cartoon. I still know the words to the cartoon's theme song. I drew Spider-Man and all of his villains; I'm pretty sure there was at least one Halloween growing up when I dressed up as Spidey. Needless to say, I was thrilled to find out that a live-action Spider-Man was going to be released in 2002. The movie did not disappoint- neither me nor the public; it did over $400 million in the US.

The next installment brings back the primary cast of Tobey McGuire and Kirsten Dunst and Sam Raimi will direct again. All three are said to have signed up for a third episode as well.

And the villain this time?

All three [actors and director] appeared at a screening of the trailer for "Spider-Man 2" as well as a lengthy action scene in which Spider-Man has a showdown on a train with the film's villain, Dr. Octopus.

Theater owners cheered wildly after seeing the clip and several said later that the film will be the biggest hit of the year.
Pass the popcorn!

No comments: