Tuesday, August 31, 2004

WTF?

The BS about Kerry's wartime service - of which NONE of the Chickenhawks, including their Pretender-in-Chief, have any - has reached its illogical end with this (via Rising Hegemon):

Delegates to the Republican National Convention found a new way to take a jab at Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's Vietnam service record: by sporting adhesive bandages with small purple hearts on them.

Morton Blackwell, a prominent Virginia delegate, has been handing out the heart-covered bandages to delegates, who've worn them on their chins, cheeks, the backs of their hands and other places.
I have friends who were killed and others who were wounded in war; I find this disgusting and degrading. If I were to see someone with one of these bandages on, I would be hard pressed to keep myself from ripping it off in the most painful way possible and then bitch-slapping them.

No comments: