Monday, February 09, 2004

What I Didn't' Miss This Weekend

Another weekend is in the history books. Amazing how quickly they go by, isn't it?

It was a great weekend; some of which I blogged about: CATS downtown on Saturday and a wine tasting afternoon on Sunday. We didn't get any snow this weekend and we actually saw the sun both days - or at least that's what I think that bright ball in the sky was... it's been so long. I watched the Grammys last night. It was actually quite enjoyable, but then I'm a huge music fan and no matter how often I say that I'll just watch the red carpet show, I always get sucked in. And I always love it. Finally, a movie recommendation: for a night when you want a semi-light, funny, family kind of movie that's just odd enough to be different, I highly recommend "Secondhand Lions." Robert Duval, Michael Cain and Haley Joel Osment; all three are excellent. Rent it, you won't be disappointed.

So, I did miss a few things in the literal sense, but honestly, after paying such close attention to politics and news lately, I really didn't miss taking this past weekend completely off. I did read the papers, I can't help that - it's a very old habit. But I didn't watch aWol's interview, although I will read the transcripts today. I didn't watch any news shows, I did very little blog reading - sorry all of you.

Of course that's all to say that I have some catching up to do. I haven't done a Liberal Coalition blog about in a while, there are a couple of subjects I'd really like to write about and of course, there's this thing called "work."

So I guess I'd better get at it. It's a new week!

No comments: