Sunday, February 08, 2004

Languid Sunday

Sometimes, there's just nothing like a lazy Sunday to end the week - to end the weekend.

This morning we slept in a little late and didn't get out of bed until after 8:30. Then it was hot, light, homemade pancakes to start the day; lots of butter and real maple syrup. Well, real syrup for me, my wife doesn't like real maple so it's Mrs. Butterworth for her. Coffee, tea and, for me, a quick blog entry.

Then we're off to a nearby winery that's having a celebration of their ice wines. There will be sleigh rides through the vineyards, ice wine, chocolate, desserts of all kinds, live music and some friends. It should be a wonderful day. It could be warmer... right now it's only 21 degrees. But there's a light snow, a little sunshine and it should be absolutely beautiful. I think I'll be taking my camera - and if I get any good shots, I'll post a couple.

So, whatever it is that makes your Sunday relaxing and enjoyable and gets you recharged for another week, I hope you get it in spades today.

Sometimes, life is just perfect!

No comments: