Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Welcome to "The Fulcrum"

If you're wondering about the name, it was inspired by one of my favorite quotes from Archimedes: "Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth!"

Hopefully, as I post more here, this will be a place for discussions on many fo my favorite topics - which can change from day to day or even from moment to moment. Watch for politics, religion (I'm a secular humanist - or "Bright"), flying and anything else that catches my attention.

In the links section, you'll find some of the blogs that have inspired me to begin my own. I won't claim to be anywhere near as good as the people who create these wonders, but they have given me the courage to give it a try. It would be my sincere hope to contribute enough to make it onto any one of their links sections.

So, again, welcome to The Fulcrum. While I don't think that this blog will really ever "move the earth," I hope it will nudge it in the right direction.

No comments: