Friday, September 12, 2003

R.I.P. John and Johnny

I suppose for someone like me there couldn't be two people I'd be less likely to miss. And yet, the new this morning made me sad.

John Ritter - "Three's Company" and "Eight Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter" - died of a heart attack at 54. I was never a huge fan of Three's Company in the 70's (although it was fun watching Suzanne Sommers sometimes), but I really was starting to like Eight Simple Rules. Ritter had some of the best "reaction faces" in the business.

Johnny Cash - "The Man in Black" and the only country music you'll ever hear coming out of my stereo or iMac - dead of complications from multiple things at 71. Cash was some of the first "rock and roll" I ever remember hearing when I was growing up. Sure we'd call it country now, (and did I mention I dispise country music?) but it was good drivin' rock and roll...

There are lots of stories out there about these two guys - go read them. They will be missed.

No comments: