Friday, September 10, 2004

One Year of The Fulcrum

In the shadow of the second anniversary of 9/11, I was feeling frustrated about where BushCo. was taking our country. I was feeling anxious about whether we might be attacked again, whether I would be called up from my Reserve status for the neo-con nightmare in the Middle East. I had been reading several blogs for years, but something about the nexus of frustration and anxiety and anger of last year drove me to create my own blog.

The last year has passed quickly, but not without pain, not without more frustration and and anxiety. Afghanistan has been quickly forgotten, Iraq is, by any definition, a quagmire, terrorism has spread and grown in response to our misbegotten foreign policies and adventures. There were personal crises to deal with as well. But through it all, the catharsis of researching and writing this blog have helped.

Thank you to everyone who's stopped by here in the past year. I hope that the past 12 months of posts have provided my few steady readers - and the occasional passerby - with some new information and a bit of humor or irony now and again. Mostly, I hope that I've managed to bring a slightly different take on events, that I have, indeed, been "tilting the world a little more to the left."

No comments: