Friday, May 07, 2004

I'm Back!

I flew back into the Rochester Airport on Wednesday evening, thrust rudely back into the real world by the 48 degree temperature. We took Thursday off to catch up on work at home; laundry, mail, and yard work. Today we're back at work trying desperately to catch up on voice mail, e-mail and anything else that piled up while we were gone so that we can start next week more or less ready to go.

Having said all that, the Virgin Islands were absolutely wonderful! Lots of sun, sand, surf and rum! The pictures below don't do the place justice, and I will post some photos on my Webshots page for all to see. If I have time I'll also do a post about all we did and saw while we were there.

To give you a little taste (literally) for our trip, I'll leave you with the recipe for my new favorite tropical cocktail:

Painkiller
1/2 gallon pineapple juice
1/2 gallon orange juice
1 can Coco Lopez coconut cream
Gold Rum
Nutmeg

Mix the juices and coconut cream together in a jug and refrigerate. For each drink, pour at least one jigger of rum over ice in a glass. Top off with the pre-mixed liquids, sprinkle with nutmeg, add assorted tropical fruit pieces (pineapple, orange, maraschino cherries, etc.). Stir. Drink. Repeat.

No comments: