Monday, November 24, 2003

Now That's A New Drug I Need!

It turned out to be a case of misreading the lead paragraph in a Wall Street Journal story, but...

I thought the sentence read that a certain drug company was looking for FDA approval for "a new omnipotence drug." Of course that's not what it said at all. And, of course, the government would never let a drug like that out on the market even if they could invent one. And since the powerful are almost always the first ones with access to new treatments, I'm pretty sure in retrospect, that there was no such "omnipotence" drug.

I mean, really; do you think Bush has had access to such a thing?

But of course, reality intruded on my momentary lapse of reading comprehension. Thankfully I don't need the drug the article was really about!

No comments: