Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Apropos of Nothing

I know I'm kind of late to the party - so to speak - on this, but I'm totally hooked on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy."

This show on the Bravo network is just pure fun. My wife says that I have a "very high gay quotient," which may explain part of why I love this show so much. Now, before anyone questions that, she means that I'm very good at cooking and decorating and colors. I do most of the cooking in our house and was definitely the major "decorator" in what we've done so far in our new house - including putting together some floral arrangements, making a dried greenery swag for our front door and coordinating our Christmas decorations.

If you don't know the premise of the show; five gay men come to the rescue of one life-style challenged straight guy. They redo his home/apartment, give him a new look, new clothes, and teach him a little about cooking and being more in touch with his creative or romantic side. It's fun, funny and surprisingly touching. At the end, most of the straight guys wind up if not a little misty eyed, at least touched by the kindness shown to him by the Fab Five. I'm sure it passes over most people, but it's an object lesson in the kindness that people of all persuasions should show each other. In these days of such hatred and bigotry on the part of those opposed to gay unions and to gays in general, The Fab Five can teach us all a lesson in kindness and tolerance and love.

Anyway, if you haven't seen the show, find the Bravo network on your cable system and check them out on Tuesday evenings at 10:00pm (EST and PST). The Fab Five will have you laughing like crazy and, maybe, just perhaps, a little better dressed.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

No comments: