Tuesday, January 13, 2004

A Good Night

I don't do many posts on personal subjects, but tonight was such a nice night I just thought I'd share a little of it with you.

After a long day of work (the only "not great" part of the day), my wife and I came home - we work at the same office - made a nice, quick dinner, then had a great big piece of carrot cake. Now carrot cake happens to be my favorite dessert in the whole world. I usually only get it one day of the year; my birthday. So, as you might guess, today's my birthday (I'm not telling!).

It's cold, windy, snowy and just generally miserable outside. But inside it's warm and cozy; there's an open bottle of wine and a fire. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Now, if you're wondering what the hell I'm doing blogging with all of that outside of my den: my wife's on the phone to her parents. So I thought I'd just send out a sort of reverse birthday greeting to you all. I've had a great time writing this blog. But of course without readers - especially those who leave comments - it would just be typing practice. So thank you all very much. Your comments and your blogs have been a help and an inspiration to me.

So, with all I have here at home and with all of you out there, I feel it's been a very good year. And I'm ready to start another.

No comments: