Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Choices, Choices...

Unlike lots of other democrats, I just hadn't been able to really get fired up about any of the candidates. None of them really sparked any passion in me, despite desperately wanting someone who could beat Bush. Word came today that Wes Clark is going to enter the democratic field and that gives me some hope.

But despite the hype - and the hope - the guy's a cypher. What are his positions on the key questions? There are fragments out there, hints. He looks promising. And as an ex-military officer, I'm excited to see one of "my own" who's not a conservative. But I also know from experience, it's hard to be a liberal in the military, much less to survive the extremely, brutally political climb to general officer and then on to NATO commander. I have to admit I'm a little skeptical.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: