Wednesday, December 03, 2003

America is NOT a Christian Nation

I have started a post on this subject so many times - and discarded it every time. Now I don't have to. At least for a while.

Robert Carver, an historian from, of all places, Alabama has written a letter to the Illinois Leader, which professes on it's web site to be "Illinois' Conservative News Source."

Just a teaser:

As a historian, I am dismayed by the letters I see that proclaim that America was founded as a Christian nation. Ms. Wittman’s letter is typical of those who take quotes out of context and buttress their argument with quotes from those who had nothing to do with the writing of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
(via Tristero)
I'm not sure how long the letter will be left up, but you should go read it. It is excellent.

I only wish I'd written it.

C'est la vie.

No comments: